Search This Blog

Friday, April 29, 2011

Becky Comes to Town

The last year or so, I have spent very little time with my best friend, Becky because she moved to New Jersey to pursue a grad degree in International Studies at NYU. I can't tell you how proud I am of her and how lucky I am to have such an amazing friend. She really is one of those friends that just "gets" me; she's someone who I can totally be myself around!

Becky surprised me a couple months ago by letting me know that she would be at my bridal shower in Urbana this weekend. I was so excited that I was literally counting down the days. She arrived today at Willard Airport (which was quite a haul from me, since I live so far away (; ). We kicked off our weekend of fun by getting mani/pedis at Pretty Nails in Urbana. It was so much fun to relax in rattling massage chairs next to each other and catch up in person for the first time in months. 

That afternoon, Becky and I went on a shopping trip to the lovely Champaign Marketplace Mall, where I irresponsibly bought Ray-Ban aviators. I would say I regret my splurge, but I cannot honestly say that. I L-O-V-E them. It also helps that Al told me I look like a celebrity in them. 'Nuff said. That's good husband material. 

Later that evening, Becky, Al and I hit up KoFusion to satisfy Becky's craving. We got fancy martinis and a few delicious rolls to share: the New Zealand lobster role (in honor of Al's heritage!), the dragon roll, and my and Al's fav-the mango shrimp roll. YUM!


After that, our trio headed over to Guido's to meet up with some of Al's friends. Becky was quite tired from her trip...


We had such a blast together, only to be continued at my bridal shower and bachelorette party the next day...

No comments:

Post a Comment