Search This Blog

Sunday, March 25, 2012

Mad Men Premiere Night

When Al and I first subscribed to Netflix, we attempted to begin watching Mad Men, per the many recommendations we'd gotten. The first few episodes were BOR-ING and Al gave up. I however, being OCD and all, stuck it out for the first season and got hooked. Finally, Al came around and by the time this season premiered, we were watching live!

My super awesome husband suggested we dress up in full-fledged early 60s style and go out for cocktails before the show. We got all gussied up and went downtown to Distihl, where Al had an New-Fashioned and martini and I had a-er,two-Pama-Ginlets. Delicious!

Note: In the picture above, Al is "draping". Check it out; it's a thing.

Close to 9:00pm (premiere time), we went home to have a Mad Men meal-meatloaf, peas, and mashed potatoes-prepared by moi! I had prepared dinner before we left, so all I had to do was pop the loaf o' meat in the oven. Unfortunately, as I often do, I didn't think enough about timing and realized it was going to take at least an hour to bake. Alas, by 10:30pm, we had full bellies and were fully entertained watching Mad Men together! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment