We decided to mostly cram all our move-out and move-in duties into the same day. We had spent the last week or two
My best memories in our old apartment:
- walks on the golf course on summer nights and winter days
- bringing Mila home and seeing her grow
- winter nights when we'd move all the furniture, lay a comforter on the floor, get a fire going and watch movies with tons of fatty snacks
- visits from my mom, Katy and Tyler
Things I won't miss:
- occasionally loud neighbors
- worrying about doing my workout videos and driving the people downstairs nuts
- worrying about Mila running marathons in the house and driving the people downstairs nuts
- the tiny kitchen
After loading up the moving trucks and our cars, with the help of Al's incredible brothers and mom, at 2pm, Al and I headed out to Busey Bank to seal the deal! The meeting was short and sweet; we handed them some money and our realtor, Stefanie Pratt handed us the keys. (She was fantastic, by the way-very knowledgeable, reliable and professional.)
Don't mind my uggo moving style...
After getting our keys, we dropped off our first carload at the new house! So exciting! Early on in the evening, our incredible new neighbor, Holly popped in to help. That girl is a go-getter! She helped carry in boxes and cleaned my entire kitchen, with the help of her man, Todd. We were so blessed with friends who piled in throughout the night, including the Deppas, the Melbys, Chris, Jeff and Rob. We had a blast on our first night in our new home. Here's hoping for many more to come!