Search This Blog

Tuesday, August 10, 2010

America's Next Top Model: Bridesmaid Edition

Kimmy d. and I made our very first trip to David's Bridal today after TurboKick-my first time ever in any bridal store! (I know this is bad writing but I have to make my plug. TurboKick is every Tuesday/Thursday from 5:30-6:15 at the Springer Cultural Center in Champaign. It is an amazing workout taught by my good friend, Colleen. She's awesome! My guns are seriously getting sculpted! haha)

Okay, back on track. Our visit to DB was a blast! Plus, I think the employees appreciated our sweaty bods in their pretty dresses! :)

Kimmy d. was my first bridesmaid to try on any dresses for me, and she did a fantastic job. She was opinionated but not at all pushy. She made it clear that she would be willing to wear whatever I wanted her to, but was totally honest with me about everything she put on. We narrowed our selection down to three dresses that we both liked; we thought these dresses would offer a good variety of choice to my bridesmaids so they could choose whatever looks best on them. Each dress is chiffon or jersey (both very light, breezy fabrics) and will be ordered in a color called guava-how saucy!



This was Kim's favorite
and is choice #1.








 This was my favorite and is choice #2. Kim also found fun and interesting ways to wear the dress, which sent us into a fit of giggles thinking about a similar scene with Tai in the movie Clueless-if you've seen it, you know what I'm talking about! 

This is choice #3 in the jersey fabric.

This is what we ended up with...
these three dresses
in this color :)

All in all, this was a wonderful way to spend an evening with one of my favorite ladies in the whole world! As usual, we had to take some time to be super silly...

A very stylish runaway bride.

No comments:

Post a Comment