Search This Blog

Monday, August 9, 2010

Disaster

Today, I emerged from a relaxing shower only to realize that disaster had struck. My work laptop looked horribly disheveled and I stood there in shock for a moment as I started to understand what happened. My jump drive (with all of my lessons, powerpoints, assignments, etc. from the past year and then some) was sticking out of my laptop at a 90 degree angle. To my right sat little miss Mila looking so sweet and innocent.

How could someone so adorable do something so wretched to me?! After experiencing shock, panic, and then tremendous anger, I have finally reached the acceptance stage. I am actually starting to think this might be a good thing. (I use the word "might" very strongly here...) Many teachers get into a routine after a while and default to the same thing every single year. I don't ever want to be that kind of boring teacher, so this forces me to look at things with an entirely fresh perspective this year. We'll see if I still feel that way when I head back to work next week...

No comments:

Post a Comment