Search This Blog

Monday, February 14, 2011

My Valentine

This is my and Al's first and only Valentine's Day as an engaged couple. We don't make a huge deal out of V-Day usually, but definitely wanted to do something special this year.

I received flowers at work from my husband-to-be, which is always one of my favorite things.

I know this is probably not the most flattering thing to tell you about myself, but I love getting flowers at work in front of other people! It lets me be all bragadocious without having to say anything. Obviously, the thing that I like to boast about the most is my wonderful fiance, so getting flowers from him is awesome. :)

Because Al has really been interested in the show Mad Money lately and has been studying up on the stock market and the economy, I bought him Jim Cramer's Memoir, Confessions of a Street Addict and another book by the same author called Getting Back to Even about economic recovery. Al was excited about the new reading material, but I have to admit, I always struggle with gift-buying for Al. Of course, he's always excited about and appreciative of whatever I get for him, but I hardly ever come across a gift idea that I think will get that shocked and amazed reaction. I'm still working on it!

We decided on Silvercreek for dinner, partly because it's delicious and partly because Al's awesome boss, Ryan treated him to a gift certificate. Although we caved and did presents, we still had to be a little thrifty now that the wedding is only months away. I was a smidge disappointed that they had created an abbreviated Valentine's Day menu that didn't include their amazing calamari appetizer. :/ Instead we ordered a shrimp, mango, crab, and avocado appetizer...ick. Not my fav. However, I did order the petite filet, which was delicious! I also had a fantastic glass of not-too-expensive wine-Silver Ridge Pinot Noir. I am now on the hunt for this bottle so that Al and I can relax with a few glasses at home! :)


Due to the fact that my fiance was still a bit under the weather, we ended our evening with dinner. Because eating is one of my very favorite things, I was totally okay with this! All in all, it was an excellent Valentine's Day-and my last as Lisa Monteer!

No comments:

Post a Comment