Search This Blog

Friday, June 24, 2011

Friday Funday

I woke up this morning to the above notification on my phone...yay! That air of excitement got our morning started right. Not to mention this amazing view:

Al and I both grabbed some breakfast, then headed down to meet some of our buddies on the beach. Chad, Katie, Kim, Ryan, Holly, Jeff, my mom, Katy, Ty, Al and I all hung out on some comfy beach chairs in the sand, then got in the water for a while, all the while enjoying the beautiful scenery. (Not surprisingly, I was spotted a few minutes into our sea swim with seaweed draped around my neck, pretending to be some sort of a creepy model. Like I said, nobody was surprised...)

After getting uncomfortable from all the salt in the water (my lips were burning!), we all decided to head up to the pool. This is where I discovered electric lemonades. Yum! Thank you to Chad Post for introducing me to such a tasty beach drink!

At some point along the way, I remember thinking, "My skin is hot. I think I'm burning. I should put some tanning oil with SPF 4 on!" Great idea, obviously. Thankfully, the electric lemonades helped numb the pain of my boiling skin...

All of us ladies were chillaxin' in the pool when along came two Mexican men who I assumed were teaching us some sort of sweet organized group dance. If you know anything about me at all, you know I love organized dances. I love the Macarena; I love the Electric Slide; I love them all. Imagine my excitement! However, about fifteen minutes in, I thought to myself, "I don't think this dance is going anywhere...and my muscles are hurting!" Alas, we were all in the midst of a water aerobics class. I decided to continue, as we were all having a blast. For the record, this will probably have been the only time I will ever drink alcohol while working out.

After several hours of fun in the sun (and two accidental slip n' slide incidents on the side of the pool by our friends Katie Post and Chris Glazik), we all decided to grab some food at the outdoor restaurant, Castaways.


What a c-r-a-z-y fun afternoon. This was, by far, one of the best times I had in Mexico. This day totally solidified our decision to do our wedding the way we did it. This is exactly what we wanted. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment