Search This Blog

Wednesday, June 22, 2011

Leaving on a Jet Plane...

Al and I went to bed the night before we left for Mexico with the intention of waking refreshed (at 3:00am) and totally ready to hop on a plane. Although we did wake up feeling incredibly excited and ready to go, we were definitely not refreshed. Neither of us could sleep, due to excitement and a bit of nervousness, so we didn't go to bed until 11:30pm. Poor Al woke up at 1:30am and couldn't fall back asleep and my sleep was good, just far too short!

However, none of that seemed to matter as we were heading to the airport. We were so pumped to get on that plane! My mom dropped us off at the terminal (thank you!) and we were excited to find that we didn't even have to wait in the regular, long line-we were in the "Preferred Club" (said in the most snoody voice I can muster) on Apple's charter flight! Woot woot! We breezed through security easily, and quickly went on the hunt for a Starbucks. I figured that in the second busiest airport in the U.S., we were bound to find one...

I was wrong. I had to settle for a $6 cold bottled Starbucks "frappuccino" beverage and a disgusting, stale $9 turkey sandwich-ew. Our friends who were on the same flight with us, Drew and Lisa were smart and packed their own snacks-I was kicking myself!

A short while later, we were on the plane taking off for our exciting wedding/honeymoon in Mexico!

No comments:

Post a Comment